Subject: reboot loop

reboot loop

From: Martin R. <zylinderkopfdichtung_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 18:12:29 +0100

Hi,

i'm not sure if this is the right place for this issue, so i'll just
give it a try. I didn't want to bug my windows using neighbours all the
time, so I used an image (80GB) from this tutorial

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IpodConversionToFAT32

to recover a "WinPod" partition table. Then I unplugged the iPod
(without ejecting), wich caused a reboot. Unfortunately it never came
up, but keeps rebooting about every seven seconds (I can here the power
cycle click and the disk arresting and restarting) for half an hour now.

Maybe this problem has been discussed before, then I would be appreciate
a clue about the solution. Otherwise I think it might be an interesting
  point, that it in fact _is_ possible to make your ipod unusable
playing around with the fs.

Regards,
Martin