Subject: Re: voice clips being cut off

Re: voice clips being cut off

From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner_at_hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 09:20:01 -1000

Daniel Dalton wrote:

>Um well check
>http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/8066
>I think Stephane sent me a fix but I better ask him if I can post
>it. I do believe this is a hard drive based player problem though
>since he had problems on his x5 and not on e 200.
>I also had this problem but it has gone away... Maybe thats because
>I use his fix?
>Does his description describe your problem?
Hi Daniel, Tom, and Stephane,

Stephane's description describes my problem exactly. However, I'm
using an iPod Nano, so apparently the problem doesn't just exist on
hard-drive-based players. I don't think there's anything wrong with
the original .talk clips because they play all the way through just
fine when music is playing.

Interestingly, the length of the original .talk clip doesn't appear
to determine whether it will be cut off. I've had two-syllable clips
cut off, and clips containing multiple names play just fine.

HTH,
Anna