Subject: Re: voice clips being cut off

Re: voice clips being cut off

From: Daniel Dalton <>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 19:42:17 +1100

On 6/12/2007 6:20 AM, Woody Anna Dresner wrote:
> Daniel Dalton wrote:
>> Um well check
>> I think Stephane sent me a fix but I better ask him if I can post it.
>> I do believe this is a hard drive based player problem though since he
>> had problems on his x5 and not on e 200.
>> I also had this problem but it has gone away... Maybe thats because I
>> use his fix?
>> Does his description describe your problem?
> Hi Daniel, Tom, and Stephane,
> Stephane's description describes my problem exactly. However, I'm using

> an iPod Nano, so apparently the problem doesn't just exist on
> hard-drive-based players. I don't think there's anything wrong with the

OK I was wrong then. Sorry. It just seemed to sound like a hard drive
based issue since he said he doesn't get it on his sansa I think and he
gets it on his x5. I also got it on my h300 so that's what made me think
hard drive based players.
Anyway sorry about saying something that wasn't true.

> original .talk clips because they play all the way through just fine
> when music is playing.

Yeah they're fine. That's not the problem...

> Interestingly, the length of the original .talk clip doesn't appear to
> determine whether it will be cut off. I've had two-syllable clips cut
> off, and clips containing multiple names play just fine.

The clips sound like they are ok to me. Could you possibly upload one to
the task so I can test it just to be sure?

One more thing. Sdoyon attached a bit of a hack I guess you could call
it. So could you try that out and report back?
Just apply the diff and compile rockbox from source.

Daniel Dalton