Subject: Re: (More) Problems Installing Onto a 30GB 5.5G iPod

Re: (More) Problems Installing Onto a 30GB 5.5G iPod

From: Matt Lichtenberg <kerobaros_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:03:55 -0600

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 16:53:35 +0000, "Barry Wardell"
<barry.wardell_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe you could try installing manually using ipodpatcher as described in th e manual (
> http://download.rockbox.org/manual/rockbox-ipodvideo/rockbox-buildch2.html#x4-110002.3.2)
>
> I don't know what the current status is on the iPod Linux loader, but I'd
> definitely recommend using the Rockbox bootloader instead since that should
> be fully functional.

Unfortunately, I did try installing it with ipodpatcher; both on OS X,
and on Ubuntu. No go either time.

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 18:29:32 +0100, Dominik Wenger
<domonoky_at_googlemail.com> wrote:

> Do you have any "non-normal" partitioning on your harddrive ?
> Like for ipod linux you repartition the ipod to include a ext2 formated
> partition. This could case problems if Rockbox doesnt find the correct
> fat32 formated partition. The same is for "macpods" they are formated
> htfs which rockbox cant read...
>
> so please try a diskutility and take look at the partitions.
> There should be only 2 partitions, one for the firmware (its probably
> hidden), and a fat32 partition for the data.

According to ipodpatcher, my iPod only has the firmware partition and
a FAT32 partition. I was wondering the same thing, but I don't think
that's the problem.