Subject: Build script

Build script

From: Mike Holden <>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 10:25:38 -0000 (UTC)

I have a local svn copy and some custom builds. I run a script each night
to update svn and then run make in each directory to rebuild them, and
this works fine.

A bit ago, a change was committed that made the build fail until I ran the
tools/configure again, and so I added this step into the script, and again
it worked fine. However now it makes absolutely everythiNg every night,
which is not a major problem, but does produce a large logfile for
checking each time, and obviously takes a lot longer - it isn't the
speediest of machines!

Is there a recommended, optimal build to do the minimum but works each time?

What strings should I be checking for if I wanted to grep for failures and

Does anyone have a script that they use that does the minimum each time
but takes care of situations where structures change etc as well?

Mike Holden - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted
items, including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts