Subject: Re: voice clips being cut off

Re: voice clips being cut off

From: Daniel Dalton <daniel.dalton47_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 21:38:06 +1100

On 7/12/2007 5:40 PM, Woody Anna Dresner wrote:
> Daniel Dalton wrote:
>

>> Anyway if you are using a nano (I think you said you are) try a
>> compiled rockbox out from:
>> http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/builds/rockbox_nano.tgz
>> I built this for a friend and haven't removed it yet so you might as
>> well get it.
>> A scripts dir is also in the tar ball but you can delete that if you
>> don't need a shell script for .talk clips...
>>
>> Finally it contains lots of accessibility patches I added for my
>> friend so you will need to use the supplied voice file which is espeak.
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I downloaded the file you suggested, but when I tried to open it with
> Winzip, I got the message "Invalid Compressed Data -- unable to
> inflate." When I tried with 7zip, I got he message, "0 Data error in
> 'rockbox_nano.tar'. File is broken." I tried redownloading, but that
> didn't help.

Ok its really broken! :-( I think my web hosting is broken. Anyway if
you still want this build email me off list and I'll give you a zip
file. I did a bit of testing with zip files as well as tar balls with no
luck.
So if you want the fix and lots of other stuff let me know. (I need to
include other patches because I have them already compiled into the
rockbox build) and don't want to re build rockbox.
And you may want to use this build for normal use with the accessibility
stuff. (You will need to use espeak then) or I'll have to attach my
english.lang file so you can build your own voice file.
I am on linux and only have flite, festival and espeak available.

So let me know in the email off list what you want.

--
Daniel Dalton
http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/