Subject: RE: Voice questions

RE: Voice questions

From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:05:54 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Sarai D. Bucciarelli wrote:
> I'm blind, and thought about playing w/ Siguin, but I haven't gotten up the
> courage yet. I don't want to damage my Ipod, or my PC, and I'm not sure how

How would cygwin damage your ipod...?
And if you don't mess with bootloader code then you will be fine.
What are you so worried about?

And why would cygwin damage your pc?

> Jaws will handle Sigwin.

Well it works. One way to check is to open a command prompt window.
Does it work there?
Then it will work on cygwin.
Please try it out and follow the instructions. Then ask for help on the
list if you need it.
Make sure you do some searching too...
Lots of blind people are building rockbox. (I am on linux but I think a
lot of blind people use cygwin)

--
Daniel Dalton
http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/