Subject: RE: installing rockbox on the sansa e280

RE: installing rockbox on the sansa e280

From: Aman Singer <aman_at_asinger.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:16:56 -0500

Hi.
        Sorry to ask the obvious, but have you changed the player into mass
storage (MSC) mode rather than the MTP mode used by media players? This is
done through the settings item in the original firmware. It sounds like
it's still acting as a media player rather than a drive. See the
instructions at
http://download.rockbox.org/manual/rockbox-sansae200/rockbox-
buildch2.html#x4-110002.3.2
        which say
Warning: The following steps require you to change the setting in Settings
¡æ USB Mode to MSC from within the original firmware. Never extract files
to your player while it is in recovery mode.
        HTH.
        Aman