Subject: c200: support docking stations with audio (new patch in flyspray)

c200: support docking stations with audio (new patch in flyspray)

From: Jerry Van Baren <>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 08:49:18 -0500

When the c200 is docked (as detected by the charger discrete being
active), switch to line out. This was necessary for the Griffen "iTrip
Auto for Sansa" adapter to produce output. I would assume this is
necessary for other docking stations.

This is *NOT* a perfect patch, but it is a start and is necessary to
make docking stations with audio output work.

* I mute the headphone output, so plugging in a non-docking charger will
prevent listening via the headphones while charging. Both can be enabled
if the charger is plugged in, it probably isn't an issue but that is
what the Sansa firmware does.

* The charger/headphones detection is done only on power up. This is
suboptimal, but usually "correct." A better technique would be to hook
into the charger status announcements, but I don't have time right now. :-(

Best regards,