Subject: RE: Voice quality issue

RE: Voice quality issue

From: Sean Mealin <>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 22:42:14 -0500

From: [] On
Behalf Of Hamish Mackenzie
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 3:41 PM
To: Rockbox
Subject: Voice quality issue

I am still having trouble trying to make voices that are higher quality. I
can make an english.voice file with no problem if I accept all the defaults
which is Q4 for the quality and I get a nice 480k file with no problem. If
I try to increase the quality to 10 then I just end up with a file of 5k. I
am probably doing something wrong in the process of trying to change the q
setting from 4 to 10. I have tried it a couple of ways both with the same
resulting 5k file. Here are the two ways I have tried. I start the voice
building process and accept the default language for english by hitting
enter I then hit enter for the msapi voice options and then the speex
options come up. I have tried to adjust the q setting by left arrowing till
I hear the 4 of q 4 -c 10 and deleting it and putting in 10 but i get the 5
k file. The other way I have tried is when it mentions the speex options I
actually type in

q 10 -c 10

Have you tried typing "-q 10" (without the quotes)? (make sure that you get
the "-" in there)