Subject: Re: no speech yet

Re: no speech yet

From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 12:51:14 +1100 (EST)

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007, leonard morris wrote:
> I still can not get my Ipod 60gb to speak. So, I think I will uninstall rockbox and start over again. When rockbox is reinstalled what might be the quickest method to get speech and which voice file should I try to install since nothing appears to work yet. BTW, I said yes to all the various voice options with know success. If someone has a better idea please share (smile). thanks.

Well get a voice file that is the same date as the build you have.
There isn't much point in reinstalling rockbox.

Also try and get the fonts.
The fnt files should be located in
/.rockbox/fonts
then rename the voice file to english.voice.
Note it must be "english.voice"
Now make sure in config or whatever.cfg there is nothing saying talk menus
false, off or no.
Make sure the voice file (english.voice) is in /.rockbox/langs/

--
Daniel Dalton
http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/