Subject: Re: iPod turns off immediately

Re: iPod turns off immediately

From: Glenn Ervin <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 21:14:38 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glenn Ervin" <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
To: "Rockbox" <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2007 9:03 PM

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robin Kipp" <robin.kipp_at_gmx.de>
To: <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 4:44 PM
Subject: iPod turns off immediately

** Hi Robin,
Oops, I was thinking of another message from another user, where it did not
speak. I don't think this will help you with your problem.
But to keep it from restarting, try holding down the center button and the
12 o'clock button for about 5 seconds to force it to reboot, and maybe that
will fix things, by resetting it.
Glenn

Hello all!
I'm having a very strange problem with my iPod Video 30GB. I had an old
Rockbox firmware installed some time ago that crashed for some reason. I
can't tell you what it said on the display unfortunately because I am
blind. So I deleted the old .rockbox folder, downloaded the newest
current build, extracted the zip archive to my iPod and downloaded the
bootloader. The bootloader was installed successfully and I restarted
the iPod. I heard the hard disk sound and waited for a while. After a
few seconds, the iPod automatically turned off. I uninstalled the
bootloader, rebooted the iPod (this time it didn't automatically turn
off) and installed the bootloader again. And now I have the same problem
again. So, what can I do now?Should I format the iPod and reinstall the
whole thing, or can I reinstall the Apple firmware and then try it
again? Thanks for help!
Oh and btw, the battery is fully-charged, I also tried it when the iPod
was connected to the charger. I also installed the correct firmware.
Robin
** Hi Robin,
Did you update your voice to match the same date as the build you put in?
Also, the menus have changed a bit, so it may not speak until you press the
menu button on your iPod.
HTH.
Glenn