Subject: Clarifying About Rockbox Media Player

Clarifying About Rockbox Media Player

From: Kane Brolin <kbrolin65_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:53:13 -0500

Hi. I've been off-list for awhile, but just want to clarify something
in regard to a message I received this morning right after installing
the Dec. 16 build of Rockbox for my iPod Video 30 GB unit. I looked
for this issue to appear in the list archive and think I found the
answer, but just want to be sure:

I received a Windows New Hardware installation message, which included
a prompt to install Rockbox Media Player. I presumed at first that
this is a new type of media player that will play and bookmark files
on the PC so those bookmarks will be recognized somehow in my iPod
using the Rockbox firmware. But after hitting the NEXT button,
Windows told me it is looking for a driver but could not find one.

I thought I saw a cryptic message in the archives for Dec. 8 in which
someone wrote that this is unimportant and should never be regarded.
Does this mean I should tell Windows never to prompt me with Rockbox
Media Player again? Or does this sequence signal new features that
really are being built into recent iterations of Rockbox?

I'm just a little confused here.

Thanks for your assistance.

-Kane