Subject: Re: regressing a C250 v2 to v1 firmware

Re: regressing a C250 v2 to v1 firmware

From: Josh Drizin <krazykit_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 12:19:50 -0500

On Jan 2, 2008 11:47 AM, DM Beaver <dbeaver888_at_wildblue.net> wrote:
> He also said after regressing his C250 v2 he was able to load and get
> Rockbox to work on his C250 v2. I thought the C250 v2 wouldn't work due to
> a new chipset being used? I am now confused.

If you have a Sansa e200/c200 v2 (that is, your original firmware
version is 03.xx.xx) then you can NOT revert to an earlier version of
the firmware or use Rockbox, as it is completely different hardware.
Your Sansa MIGHT say v2 on the back and have a 01.xx.xx version
firmware, in which case your unit is mislabeled as v2 when it is not.