Subject: Re: Rockbox refuses to boot

Re: Rockbox refuses to boot

From: Peacenik <zenbones_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 12:32:16 -0500

In his reply on Wed, Jan 02, "Josh Drizin" <krazykit_at_gmail.com> wrote

> > I can, however, boot into the Original Firmware
> > Can anyone suggest what I can do to troubleshoot and eliminate
> > this problem?
>
> You could delete the .rockbox directory entirely and unzip the
> latest build in its place [ ... ]

Thanks very much Josh. This worked and now I'm back up and running. I initially
thought of this solution occurred to me but I thought it might be a little like current
counter-insurgency theory, i.e. burning and destroying the village in order to save
it. In general, is this the preferred method of trouble shooting -- e.g.
uninstalling/reinstalling the firmware?

Having had to use the OF the last couple days caused me to again appreciate how
much of an improvement Rockbox makes to the overall listening experience on
my mp3 player.

Again, thanks for your help.

Happy New Year to you and everyone else on this most helpful list!

Wndy