Subject: Re: Windows is now wanting to install drivers for my Rockbox

Re: Windows is now wanting to install drivers for my Rockbox

From: Peter Olson <peter.olson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 19:25:25 -0800

There are no drivers, They are developing built in USB support in
rockbox, but it's not ready yet. When they get full USB support from
inside of rockbox, it will probably just act like a mass storage
device. But right now, they have a system where it asks the system for
full power to the USB port for charging.

I don't know for your device, but usually, if you want to access the
files on the device, you have to boot into the original firmware. But
don't worry about the "Rockbox media player" drivers. Just cancel out
of the dialog box.

This information is correct to the best of my knowledge, so if
anything I said is incorrect, please correct. But I'm pretty certain
about this, as I have seen the same thing in windows with my Sansa
e280 with rockbox.

Peter