Subject: e200: No audio in Rockbox, OF works fine

e200: No audio in Rockbox, OF works fine

From: Daniel Feldman <miyabo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 22:30:06 -0600

Hi all,

I happily used Rockbox on my Sansa e250 for 5 months. Last week, all
audio in Rockbox, including MP3 playback, FM radio, and beeps, stopped
working.

Rockbox now constantly plays static which seems to change in tone
depending on what the COU is doing (e.g. moving the scroll wheel makes
a little noise). The static starts as soon as Rockbox boots up.
Changing songs, stopping playback, changing the volume, and using the
radio don't have any effect. The VU meter shows activity only when
Rockbox thinks it's playing something. The static stops completely
when I plug the unit into USB, and starts again when I unplug it.

The Sansa original firmware works fine.

I've tried fixing this issue by reinstalling the official build of
Rockbox and the latest bootloader, after deleting all files on the
data partition. I've also tried resetting every option on the original
firmware side. These had no effect on the static at all. I have not
yet tried reformatting the data partition or installing a different
version of the original firmware.

It's possible that this is a hardware problem which, for some reason,
only manifests itself in Rockbox. Apologies if this problem has
already been discussed and answered.

Thanks in advance,

-- Daniel