Subject: Re: creating new .voices for H10 - not working

Re: creating new .voices for H10 - not working

From: DM Beaver <dbeaver888_at_wildblue.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 08:56:47 -0500

I apologize for replying this way but my OE won't let me do a reply to
Pondlife's post.

Since makevoices.vbs isn't compatible is it still possible to make a .voice
file using the recorded voice method discussed in the twikki? EG, by
recording the phrases and running Lame against them and then running
voicefont.exe?

If it is, does anyone have a good way to print just the phrases and their
ids from a language.lang file? I have tried several different things and
can't seem to get the ids and phrases to show correctly. Looking at the
lang file with a binary viewer it appears that the phrases are lead by the
id value and followed by a binary 00. Is the id a 1 or 2 byte field? If a
2 byte field then I assume the id would be something like 00, 01, 02 ... Or
am I totally off again.

Thanks.