Subject: Re: Questions about the voiced interface

Re: Questions about the voiced interface

From: Daniel Dalton <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 20:25:32 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Dj Paddy wrote:

> Daniel Dalton wrote,
> "On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Woody Anna Dresner wrote:
>> Settings/File View), when a song is playing, go into the file browser and
>> the name of the currently playing track will be spoken. You still hear the
>> music in the background, but at least you can get the file name.
> Would you prefer the music to be stopped while doing this?"
> Please, please, please no!
> I think it's very very slick the way the voice currently comes over the top
> of the music playing in the background.

Ok, I agree.
But if enough people agree with it I guess we could have a setting to stop
the audio for voice off by default.
But isn't that one of the good things about swcodect?
And I would like to try out and see what its like with stopping the
playback but I think I like it as it is now...

Daniel Dalton