Subject: Re: Questions about the voiced interface

Re: Questions about the voiced interface

From: Andrew Hart <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:19:54 -0300

Paul Louden wrote:
> If they want music to stop while they're in the menus, and resume once
> they're in the WPS, that's kinda exactly what the "Stop" and "Resume
> Playback" functions are for. This already exists, on every player.

This is precisely what I do. On an iriver H140/h340, I just hit stop to
stop the music, AB to reach the menus and then I just press the play
button (not the navi) on the player to resume when I have finished
working with the menus.

The main problem with this is that this procedure mightn´t be as
straight forward to carry out on players which have few buttons such as
the iPods and Gigabeats, etc. However, I haven´t any experience with
any of those players. Folks ofay with those players would be in a
better position to judge than I.