Subject: rbutilcli - console interface for the blinds ?

rbutilcli - console interface for the blinds ?

From: Dominik Wenger <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 21:52:47 +0100

Hi folks,

as i have heard many complaints about the non-usability of rbutil with
Jaws and other utils to help the visually impaired, i have though about
making a Command Line interface to rbutil. I think this should be more
accessible ?

So i have begun a first test for a rbutil cli version.
And i have now a version which can do nothing, but present you a
preliminary text interface which you can try to navigate. Also
Autodetection should work, nothing else is ready, but i want you to try
it out and tell me if it is accessible for you.

Is it useable ? or completly borked ?

As there are many ways to do command line interfaces, i want you to tell
me what i should do better or not..

You can get this alpha test version as a windows binary at:

Dominik wenger