Subject: RE: Questions about the voiced interface

RE: Questions about the voiced interface

From: Daniel Dalton <>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:50:15 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Jason Boston wrote:

> I would like to see this work when the song is paused. If I pause a song
> and then down-arrow I get no speech and have to turn the player off and
> back on to get speech again.

Or you could hit play again to resume...
But to get the player to speak while paused would require a fair bit of
work I beleive.
Something about rewriting the Pcm buffer or something...
Pondlife: Can you explain this paused issue since I can't? :-)

The only difference between "Stop" and "pause" is that one leaves you in
the wps (pause) and stop takes you to the file browser and leaves the wps.
Or maybe it takes you somewhere else like the menus.
The only thing I can see speech when paused useful for is when scrolling
through the wps context menu or the id3 viewer or even the playlist
viewer/search function...

Daniel Dalton