Subject: Re: Questions about the voiced interface

Re: Questions about the voiced interface

From: Andrew Hart <ahart_at_dim.uchile.cl>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:29:12 -0300

Woody Anna Dresner wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I just tried this; I turned on my iPod Nano and the track I was
> previously playing started up (I have Resume Playback and Follow
> Playlist on). I pressed Select to go into the file browser and heard the
> name of the track. I pressed Long Play, which is Stop on the iPod, and
> heard the name of the current folder, not the current file. Moving up
> and down in that menu simply took me to other folders on the player.
> Interesting that we're getting different results; I wonder if this is
> only an issue on the iPods. If my player worked the way yours does, I
> would agree that no additional options were necessary.
>
> Regards,
> Anna

I have two suggestions:

1. How about stopping the ipod after you turn it on. then go to the
file browser and start playing a track with the select button. This
should remove the auto-resume from the equation and also generate a
fresh playlist. Then see if hitting select followed by stop gives the
same results as I see on my players.

2. Temporarily turn off the auto resume and see if you get what I observe.

I am wondering if auto resume might be interfering with the Follow
Playlist function in some subtle way. If neither one or 2 makes a
difference, perhaps you're right and there is something specific to the
ipod builds that's not working the same as the iriver builds.

Cheers,
Andrew.