Subject: Re: voice box plus and talk clips

Re: voice box plus and talk clips

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:30:23 -0700

AT 7:48 PM Anna wrote:

At 03:20 PM 1/29/2008, Rocker wrote:
>HI Woody Anna you wrote:
>Yes there is. Set VoiceBox+ to generate clips for the entire drive,
>using the drive letter your player is assigned to. It will generate
>clips for all subfolders on that drive.
>
>**Well I have downloaded and set up Voicebox plus. And while the talk
>clips
>are generated where I can get the clips to spell folders and file names. I
>can't get the folders or file names spoken as words.
>
>I have tried enabling use .talk clips for folders and file names both with
>the file and folder verbosity set to spell, numbers and off and still all I
>get is spell.
Hi Rocker,

Have you checked to make sure there are .talk clips for the files
whose names you want spoken? Also, did you choose Speex instead of
Lame for creating your .talk clips? That's the format you need if
you're using a newer version of Rockbox. I also have Show Files set
to Supported so the .talk clips themselves will be ignored. Then if
Rockbox is set to speak .talk clips, you should be all set.

**Hmm. I thought one required Lame to create the .Talk clips? Must be for
the old targets.

Using the Voicebox+.TA I can arrow up and down where jfw get Speaks format
all others checked.
With the jaws cursor I see that the first option is actually MP3 with old
targets. Looks like a labeling issue.

I'll try again and let you know.

Cheers Baby...rocker
have Speaks