Subject: Re: Thinking about buying a Sansa E200 series

Re: Thinking about buying a Sansa E200 series

From: Jürgen Hestermann <juergen.hestermann_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 10:53:51 +0100

> For those of you who own one of these players,
> would you tell me how you like it using Rockbox?

I bought a E280 for my son and installed Rockbox on it.
There were no problems at all but we don't use the voice interface.

Of course, you have to avoid V2 versions but if you have a Rockbox
compatible device it should work by simply copying the installation files to
the player and invoking the sansapatcher.exe program (that changes the startup
boot code). That's all.

Ok, prior to copying the files to the player you have to change the USB
configuration to mass storage device on the player.

So far we didn't find any problems with Rockbox on the E280 and it is
so much better than the original firmware. I would never by a player
that is not Rockbox ready. ;-)

Jürgen Hestermann