Subject: Re: Voice files (.talk) generated using linux?

Re: Voice files (.talk) generated using linux?

From: Adam Cripps <kabads_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 17:15:26 +0000

On Dec 7, 2007 11:14 PM, Thom Johansen <thomj_at_rockbox.org> wrote:
> Adam Cripps wrote:
> > I see on the website that Voice files (.talk) can be generated with
> > VoiceBox+, but this appears to be a windows app.
> >
> > Is there an equivalent using Linux? I don't have access to a windows
> > machine where I can install any software so I'd appreciate some advice
> > on linux instead of windows.
>
> Rbutil supports making talk clips, and the newest version (not yet released,
> but available in SVN) supports using rbspeexenc for this. In the near future
> we are going to integrate rbspeexenc fully in rbutil for greater ease of
> use, but this has not yet been done.
>
> Thom

Rbutil (not svn version but downloaded from site) does work when I
check to create .talk files for each file. However, I only want this
for each directory name - what could be gonig wrong here? When I click
to create the .talk files recursively for just directories the
progress bar jumps straight to 100% and claims that it has finished,
when in fact there is no real output to speak of.

Adam

--
http://www.kabads.org.uk
PGP key: 0x7111B833