Subject: rbtuilcli - Rockbox Utility with Console Interface needs testing.

rbtuilcli - Rockbox Utility with Console Interface needs testing.

From: Dominik Wenger <>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 21:24:31 +0100

Hi Folks,

i have now continued my work on a console interface for rbutil.
This is mainly for the visually impaired and blind users and maybe others.

For all others we have a fancy GUI. (This also needs testing. New Win
Binary at:

The Console Interface has come a good way.

It can now do:
- All Configurations
- Install Bootloader
- Install Rockbox
- Install Fonts
- Install Doom files
- Install Voicefile
- Create Voicefile
- Create Talkfiles

Whats missing is:
- Theme installation
- Uninstallation
- Testing
- Bugfixing
- Improvments
- Your comments :-)

So i want you to try it out, and tell me what do you think.
Any improvments needed in the menus ? the Navigation ?
or did you find a Bug or something strange ?
Tell me ! Or make a Bugtracker entry..

I am interested in every comment. so dont hide :-)

You can find a windows binary of this at:

There is also a patch on the Tracker for this (FS#8571) for those who
want to peak at the code, or build it itself.

Dominik Wenger