Subject: Re: rbtuilcli - Rockbox Utility with Console Interface needs testing.

Re: rbtuilcli - Rockbox Utility with Console Interface needs testing.

From: tuukka Ojala <tuukka.ojala_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:46:07 +0200

Dominik Wenger wrote:
> Whats missing is:
> - Theme installation
> - Uninstallation
> - Testing
> - Bugfixing
> - Improvments
> - Your comments :-)

Hi, and thanks for that CLI version!

I tested that out and found something which would be better.

1. When starting the program, it would run autodetect automatically. For me
it was displaying wrong mountpoint. It was the old mountpoint where my
player was. I had to manually run autodetect.

2. In the voice and talk creation parts rbutilcli would select automatically
the suitable encoder for what player is currently connected.

3. In the talk creation part there would be "yes toall" and "no to all"
choikes, when it asks many replacing questions (replace talk clips, replace
wav files etc).

4. When I tried to generate .talk clips with ESpeak (not with its sapi5
interface), rbutilcli crashed. I may wrote a wrong path for espeak.exe, but
if that's the case, rbutilcli would report that the path is invalid.

Tuukka