Subject: Re: rbtuilcli - Rockbox Utility with Console Interface needs testing.

Re: rbtuilcli - Rockbox Utility with Console Interface needs testing.

From: Dominik Wenger <domonoky_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:56:00 +0100

marten Post Uiterweer schrieb:
> A few points sofar:
>
> 1: after selecting an option, it may be more clear, when the previous command output is removed, thus a clear screen before the next menu appears on
> screen.

I think clearing the screen would be bad to read the error output. As
the new screen comes directly after finishing the previous action.
Maybe i should wait for "any key" after finishing an action, and then
clear the screen.

What do the blind people say about this ? Would this be more accessible ?

> 2: each menu ends with an option for return. Maybe the return-option can be a standard key.
> 0 is return, for example
> And what if you want to cancel your option, which key? Maybe as an last line in the menu:
> 0 is return, escape to cancel

I will change the Return option to "0", so its the same on every screen.
About the Cancel, i have to think about how to implement it best.

> 3: when selecting device, h340, language, I cannot see my language, "nederlands". With the gt-version of rbutil, I can see this language, why not here?

Which language selection do you mean ?
There are 3 Language selection in rbutil till now :-)
  - one for the Language of Rbutil itself.
  - one in the configure screen of the sapi tts. (for the language of
the voice)
  - one in the voicefile generation, which selects which rockbox
language to generate.

greets, and happy testing,
Dominik Wenger