Subject: Re: Corruption of Directories On iPod w/Rockbox

Re: Corruption of Directories On iPod w/Rockbox

From: Kane Brolin <kbrolin65_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 09:11:07 -0500

> I don't know what you mean here [by using both Rockbox and the Apple firmware > at various times], but I guess that you mean that you
> either boot into the Apple firmware before inserting the USB cable, or
> insert the cable when running Rockbox. The thing is that in both cases
> you will end up using the Apple firmware for the file transfer, since
> Rockbox doesn't have support for the USB controller in the iPod (yet).

I mis-spoke, Linus, because I understand that anytime iTunes or one of
its agents (as in Audible Download Manager) is performing any function
on my iPod, the Apple firmware is in some way helping this function to
take place, not Rockbox. What I meant was that I don't operate my
iPod exclusively with Rockbox. I was writing in a broader sense, just
saying that some of the files I listen to and save, I process and
listen to while booted into the original firmware.

> Do you always "safely eject" the iPod when you are finished, or do you
> just unplug the cable?

Normally, I just unplug the cable, without first going into Windows
System Tray and stopping the device first. What is the best practice
here?

-Kane