Subject: Re: rbtuilcli - Rockbox Utility with Console Interface needs testing.

Re: rbtuilcli - Rockbox Utility with Console Interface needs testing.

From: Dominik Wenger <domonoky_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 18:05:42 +0100

Hi,

I will try to answer a few differnt mails in one:

--- snip ---
> Here is the error I see when trying to configure the tts engine:
>
> Configure TTS Engine:
> Current TTS Engine: Sapi 5 TTS Engine
> TTS Configuration: Invalid
> 1: Select another TTS Engine.
> 2: Change TTS Engine Configuration.
> 3: Return.
>
> I can't seem to find where my tts engines are installed either. Any
> idea what type of file I should look for to find it? I am using AT&T
> Naturally Speaking Mike and Crystal 16.
--- snip ---

Rbutil should find the Sapi TTS engine itself. (it uses a builtin
sapi_voice.vbs script like our normal build system).
For the Message above you should choose 2 to change the Sapi TTS
configuration, and select a valid Voice.
Unfortunatly there is/was a Bug in this.. :-)

So you have to wait, till i make a new version with the Bugs fixed :-)

--- snip --
question: could we really be able to generate voice files with this,
without having to install the huge cygwin ? It appears to be the case
but could you please confirm?
--- snip --

Of course it can generate voice and Talkfile without cygwin. Its just
not enough Tested, so it has Bugs.. :-)

--- snip ---
I've tried to compile it to get a linux binary, but I got some "expected
unqualified-id before 'int'" errors
-- snip ---

Bluebrother already told me that there are errors with building on
Linux. The newest patch (from bluebrother) on the Tracker should
hopefully resolve this.

About all the other suggestions like autodetection and else..
Its noted, and will be built in, when i find time for it.

greets, and thanxs for testing,
dominik wenger