Subject: Re: compiling the manual and the rb utility with cygwin

Re: compiling the manual and the rb utility with cygwin

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:41:45 -0000

> Is there a reason to build rbutil using cygwin on windows?

Only because that's my preferred way to build Rockbox. VMWare's separation
of file systems is a bit inconvenient - and my Linux knowledge is near zero.

Ideally any "supported" build environment should be capable of building all
parts of Rockbox. I know this is a Cygwin deficiency really, so it's no
biggie.

As an alternative would it be possible to build using Visual Studio
natively?

pondlife