Subject: Re: iPod Video 30GB Battery Life

Re: iPod Video 30GB Battery Life

From: Tim Ryan <tlryan_at_chauncygreen.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:53:48 -0500

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:34:59 -0000, "Hussein Patwa"
<hspatwa_at_talktalk.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My first post here so excuse any faux pas.
>
>Could people using the latest rockbox with the iPod 30GB give some idea of
>the battery life you're getting? I am getting only about two hours with it
>on a full charge, when about two weeks ago it was considerably longer. I
>usually update rockbox with the latest build every day. To give an
>indication, I've got it on moderate volume, using the dance equalizer and
>with crossfeed and crossfade enable, no other particular settings but if
>need be I'll post the config file here. I'm just surprised at how the
>battery life has become so short so suddenly?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Hussein.
>

>Kind Regards and Best Wishes,
>
>Hussein.

First post here for me too.

Absolutely _love_ RockBox and don't think I could ever go
back to the Apple firmware even though I was, until
recently, only getting about 4.5 to 5 hours from a full
battery charge on my 5.5 Gen 30GB iPod (10 months old).

With the more recent builds this has gone to between 7 and 8
hours. I use my Pod to put up a bit of a "sonic wall"
between my cube and the neighboring cubes at work so getting
nearly a full day out of it is working much better.

I normally run a 900+ song playlist, random order with
crossfade on. No EQ, volume about -36. Cabbie theme.

I've been playing around with not displaying the WPS while
in use to see if that would increase battery life at all and
it does seem to get a bit more out of it but I have no real
test data to support it.

Thanks,
Tim