Subject: Re: using rockbox with the eliquence sounding voice

Re: using rockbox with the eliquence sounding voice

From: Claudio Capriati <c.capriati_at_ilgerone.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 08:41:21 +0100

  I was wondering if u can use the current build of rockbox with the older eliquence sounding english voice? Every time I try it does not want to talk. thanks for any help

Hi,

yes you can use eliquence to make .talk clips and .voice file but you need to use the new speex encode. if you use lame encode your player will not talk.
if you use windows o.s. and you have a sapi4 or sapi5 tts engin installed and you want a symple tools to make them you can visit the italian page of rockbox project www.ilgerone.net, rockbox-italia, tools vari, in this page there is section called "programmi utili alla vocalizzazione". here you can find a link for "rb-clip" that is a program to make .talk clips with sapi5 and sapi4 voices, and an other link called "Script per vocalizzare i menu di Rockbox"
 that contains the necessary to make .voice files with sapi4 or sapi5, now this allows to make voicie files only in italian and english language but if you have the lang file for your language you can customize it.

greetings