Subject: Re: H10 20GB

Re: H10 20GB

From: Sharon <sharon25_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:29:14 -0700

I have the iRiver H20, which I assume is kin to the H10 you're
considering. The battery life is indeed a serious issue IMO. I can
listen at work and want the battery to work at lest my 8-hour shift,
and it does not; it went from 6-7 hours on a full charge. I was
disappointed. When my old Jukebox 20GB started not holding a charge,
I purchased an external battery supply for it, so I did the same for
the iRiver.

May I recommend the Toshiba Gigabeat? I bought a 40GB one at eBay for
$60 and it is an AWESOME unit; with Rockbox it's over the top great!
VERY easy to use, very nice screen, buttons light up blue when you
press one, which helps in my work environment. The battery at the end
of my 8-hour shift looks about half-way depleted on the little
graphic, so I am assuming it would live up to its 15 hours of battery
life, although I've never used it that long. I love it so much I
bought another one for backup!

My $.02 worth....YMMV....