Subject: Problems creating a voice file in Cygwin

Problems creating a voice file in Cygwin

From: Jani Kinnunen <jkinnunen_at_pp.inet.fi>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:57:03 +0200

Hi,

I'm having problems creating voice files in Cygwin with a Finnish SAPI 5
synthesizer. I've tried this on two different XP machines and got
exactly the same results. The process suddenly stops and I get the
following error message:

Error -2147200966:
Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
/home/Jani/rockbox/tools/voice.pl line 97.
Generating voice clipsmake: *** [voice] Error 141

Does anybody know what that means? Is the voice.pl script causing this
problem, or can it be something else? Could someone please take a look
at the script and see if the problem can be fixed?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Jani