Subject: Re: I think I bricked my sansa e280.

Re: I think I bricked my sansa e280.

From: Josh Drizin <krazykit_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:19:16 -0500

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 9:00 AM, Emlyn Addison <noisyblocks_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Forgive this total n00b question, but how would I use the files in the
> e200tool-src.zip archive?

You have to build e200tool itself, it seems, as there is no Mac build
listed. I believe you need libusb-devel and the Xcode tools to
compile. (Perhaps someone with a Mac could compile a static binary?)

> On the website after "General", I see some
> references to "Restoring I2C boot rom on Sansa e200" but I don't know
> where these commands are initiated. Am I missing something?

No need to restore the i2c ROM: what you're doing is the Manufacture
Mode instructions, meaning you need BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom (on
daniel.haxx.se elsewhere)

> Right now I can't do anything more than turn the sansa's blue ring on
> (doing recovery mode). I followed the "manufacturing mode"
> instructions (power off, hold center select and insert the USB cable)
> but nothing seems to happen--the blue ring lights up and that's it.

That does sound like Manufacture Mode, but you can't do anything
without e200tool, unfortunately.

For future replies, please don't top post or keep the whole last
message, as per the list rules :)