Subject: Iaudio D2 future.

Iaudio D2 future.

From: Frans Grotepass <fmgrotepass_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:47:43 +0100

Hi all,

After some deliberation about the replacement for my old H320, a list of
players were considered. Current rockbox compatible versions were considered.
The X5L and a second H300 were considered. They are the only that kinda meet
my requirements.

After some thought, I am rather considering a new player. The D2 has nice
specs from the factory and there is some although still vapour future for a
rockbox port. I can survive a few months on factory firmware before the port
is working. The only worry I have is the SD extension. At this stage the
standard firmware only supports 4GB. Will a future rockbox port have the
possibility of supporting bigger cards? I assume it will be the case, since
4GB is SDHC.:That will make the player suitable for my requirements. This
player also has standard SD slot, which will come in the bigger sizes
earlier.