Subject: Re: I think I bricked my sansa e280.

Re: I think I bricked my sansa e280.

From: Josh Drizin <krazykit_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:06:05 -0500

> Sorry if I sound like a total n00b, but the instructions on the
> e200tool website seem to call for some knowledge of running these
> things.
> Would it be possible to post a step-by-step of how this binary is run?

Simply put, you run it from a Terminal. cd to wherever you saved the
file (presumably your desktop: "cd Desktop" from the initial Terminal
prompt, if I'm remembering OSX correctly). then you should be able to
run e200tool by "./e200tool-mac" followed by the command line options
stated on the wiki page.
For example (assuming BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom is in the same place as
e200tool): "./e200tool-mac recover BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom" and
hitting Enter would run the command, and assuming you have your e200
plugged in and in manufacture mode, it should recover the bootloader
and allow you to follow to the other recovery procedures.