Subject: Re: I think I bricked my sansa e280.

Re: I think I bricked my sansa e280.

From: Josh Drizin <krazykit_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:36:03 -0500

> Presumably the "BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom" you mention would be the
> "i2c-e280.bin" ROM dump file that I downloaded from the ROM downloads
> section of the same page? (My model is the e280)

No, certainly not. Get the BL rom file from here, for your model
(e200 non-rhapsody are interchangable):
http://daniel.haxx.se/sansa/mi4.html

> So this is what I entered, and the response:
> ./e200tool-mac recover i2c-e280.bin
> -bash: ./e200tool-mac: Permission denied
> read/write) but I get the same response. I'm assuming I need
> write/execute permissions?

That's what it sounds like. Try running "chmod +x e200tool-mac" to
give it execute permissions and run it with sudo ("sudo ./e200tool-mac
recover BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom") as it may need root permission to
access the drive. Sudo should prompt you for your user password.