Subject: Re: Thinking about buying a Sansa E200 series

Re: Thinking about buying a Sansa E200 series

From: Arno Wald <>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 14:48:16 +0100

Bertrik Sikken wrote:

> The rockbox developers came up with a solution for exactly this problem.
> Instead of holding left while booting, simply turn off the sansa and
> insert the USB plug. It will wake up and boot into the original firmware
> without doing a database refresh.

I have tried this out, now. It is true, that the original firmware
automatically is booted in this case. But it is still doing a database
refresh if the player has been connected to the PC before. I cannot
believe that rockbox can influence this. But if so, do I need a more
recent bootloader to switch the database refresh off?