Subject: Re: Advice Please

Re: Advice Please

From: Kane Brolin <>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:24:33 -0500

Hi, Margaret. I do not use an iRiver myself, but will be glad to help
you locate the proper software.

The Rockbox Web site contains a lot of really useful information,
including versions of the program that have been tweaked for
particular series of players. But it is a bit hard to navigate if
you're a new Rockbox user. To see the version applicable to your
player, go to There, you'll find
a version of the software that has been designed for various iRiver
and iAudio units, including the H340 that you've got. I believe the
official version you want is numbered R16414.

There is a multi-step method for installing Rockbox. This is not
altogether easy to understand, unless you've been through these steps
several times as I have. Not all of it is set down in
easy-to-understand, linear fashion in the manual. I wrote some
documentation for the ten-step Rockbox installation process that is
particular to the fifth-generation iPod, which is what I have. Some
of these steps will be the same for iRiver. So I would be more than
glad to send this to you if it would be of help as a reference guide.