Subject: Re: H340 bootloader version

Re: H340 bootloader version

From: pondlife <>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 07:01:00 -0000

> I'm sure I saw mention on here recently that this bootloader is currently
> v6. I have just been through the fwpatch process as documented on the
> wiki, and using current versions of files from the rockbox download pages,
> and still seem to be at bootloader version 5. Am I missing something?

The current H100 bootloader is v6, the current H300 bootloader is v5; see

For H300, SVN contains several improvements to the bootloader (bootloader
USB mode working properly, power on by remote, charging screen), but there
are also some reported issues (hard disk clicking, possible boot failure).
I should add that I'm running an SVN bootloader from a few months back and I
don't see either of these problems. I should also add that building and
flashing your own Iriver bootloader carries a significant risk of
permanently bricking your player.

Hopefully someone with the appropriate hardware, for example LinusN ;-),
will do some more testing of the SVN code and then we'll have an H300 v6.