Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: rockbox skipping songs when selected

Re: rockbox skipping songs when selected

From: Mike Bartz <mob_at_bartzfamily.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:07:30 -0500

Hello everyone,

I am seeing the same problem on my sansa e260. build r16357-080220.

This seems to happen with both .mp3 and .flac files. I listen to some
podcasts that are in .mp3 format, and I usually have difficulty either
starting to play one of the files, or restarting from a bookmark. It
just refuses to do it. Sometimes I can get around this by starting
with the previous file in the directory, then jumping to the next
file. Sometimes it just won't work. Rebooting does not always help
either.

I can see the file start to play, and then it dies and jumps to the
next track. Same thing was happening to some .flac files. It just
jumped right over one of them and went on playing with the next track.

One thing that I noticed is that I can tell if the next track will not
play when I see the "next song" listing show nothing, even though
there is one more file left to play in the directory. So I am
guessing that something is choking when reading the tags or the intro
to the file to get this information. I am using the new default
cabbie v2 theme, btw.

I'm willing to help debug this because it happens regularly to me.
How can I capture some debug data for this issue?

Thanks,
Mike

--
Mike Bartz