Subject: Re: is it an illusion or has playback gone to pot recently?

Re: is it an illusion or has playback gone to pot recently?

From: Nix <nix_at_esperi.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 23:50:45 +0000

On 29 Feb 2008, nix_at_esperi.org.uk stated:
> If nobody else gets to this, I'll have a look at it the week after next,
> but I'm spending next week away from all computers (hence my strong
> desire to have rockbox working :) )

pondlife_at_ commented on bug 8513, minutes after I sent this, suggesting a
patch that worked (attached to bug 8455).

Even by the blindingly fast standards of free software this was
surprising: it took me longer to build Rockbox with his patch than it
took him to write the patch and respond after my posting. I want his
time machine. :)

(lest I seem to be moaning pointlessly without actually contributing
anything, allow me at least to say that the *other* changes in Rockbox
over the last few months are lovely. My batteries last next to forever,
and the startup screen, with the grey gradient-shading, looks so
thoroughly nifty that I've had iPod users ask me how they can get their
iPod looking that flashy.

Rockbox has out-cooled Apple. Does this mean we've won? ;) )