Subject: My sansa E250 is talking, but....that's all it's doing

My sansa E250 is talking, but....that's all it's doing

From: Ann <tate886_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 20:25:08 -0500

Hi folks,

I am simultaneously very excited,and totally frustrated.The good news is
that I've gotten Rockbox installed and talking on my Sansa E250. Never
have yet gotten it to work on my C250. Anyhow, that's the good news.

The bad is that the drive seems to be corrupted. Each time I try and add
music to it by using Windows Explorer, and cutting and pasting,, the
files seem to appear but cannot be found to play. Also, when i try and
delete some music from the player, this is what happens.

Error Deleting File or Folder
Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk.
OK

the player is around 6 months old, perhaps even seven,and has been used
much in that six or seven months. Is that passed the lifespan of one of
these flash players? So, do you guys think I just wasted my time
installing rockbox on this thing, and I should just toss it and buy a
new player? Where is the est, and cheapest, place to buy Rockbox
compatible Sansa players?

Or, is it fixable, and how? Would a format and re-install of rockbox fix
the problems?

this is so frustrating. but, I am proud of myself that I did get Rockbox
to come up talking, and with a manual install,too.

~Ann