Subject: Re: My sansa E250 is talking, but....that's all it's doing

Re: My sansa E250 is talking, but....that's all it's doing

From: Brian Wolven <bcwolven_at_jhu.edu>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 20:40:04 -0500

Ann wrote:

> the player is around 6 months old, perhaps even seven,and has been used
> much in that six or seven months. Is that passed the lifespan of one of
> these flash players? So, do you guys think I just wasted my time
> installing rockbox on this thing, and I should just toss it and buy a
> new player? Where is the est, and cheapest, place to buy Rockbox
> compatible Sansa players?

I just ordered a refurbished e250 and 2 GB microSD card from buy.com for
the grand sum of 55 USD, delivered. We'll see if that turns out to have
been a worthwhile investment,

> Or, is it fixable, and how? Would a format and re-install of rockbox fix
> the problems?

I don't think rockbox is the issue, sounds like the file system is
corrupted. I'll let someone who actually has experience with one of
these units field this question, however.