Subject: Re: question about talk clips

Re: question about talk clips

From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 19:48:55 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, alex wallis wrote:

> Hi list.
> I use an h140, and i'd really like to be able to use talk clips in rockbox.
> However i don't use the database, and just use the file browser, and i've
> noticed that if I use talk clips, the disc has to spin up whenever a clip
> needs to be accessed Is there anything that I can do to reduce the disc
> activity? as at the moment I don't want to use talk clips if it needs to spin
> the disc up for every access of a clip.

Well just adjust the time the disk should stay spun up for. Then you can
arrow around with out the disk shutting down and needing to be span up
each time.
Dunno if that helps though.
Don't worry its not really that bad.
If you like turn of your screen and then it shouldn't use much more
battery.
Or buy a flash-based player I guess...? :-)

--
Daniel Dalton
http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/