Subject: Re: MK1214GAH or SpinPoint N2

Re: MK1214GAH or SpinPoint N2

From: Xinlu H <>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 00:20:27 -0400

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Steve Martin <> wrote:
> Has anyone tried putting a Toshiba MK1214GAH or a Samsung SpinPoint N2
> into an ipod video? I found the SpinPoint listed on this website as a
> replacement:
> According to Toshiba's pretty sparse info on the U.S. website (which
> isn't very well maintained), it seems like the MK1214GAH uses a LIF
> connector which should be compatible.

I have put a Samsung HS122JC (120 GB) in my video ipod; it is not a
Spinpoint N2 (I think it is N1, but the information is pretty scarce);
I'm not sure that Spinpoint N2 is even available around.

The connector, by the way, should be ZIF (zero insertion force, I
believe), not LIF. And if you haven't checked it out yet, I think this
page would be helpful: