Subject: Re: restoring orriginal firmware on h140

Re: restoring orriginal firmware on h140

From: Robert Menes <viewtiful.icchan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 09:21:50 -0400

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 8:33 AM, alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Hi list.
> I'd like to restore the orriginal firmware on my h140 just temporarily,
> this
> is because iriver europe is prepared to take my h140 back for repair, but
> they want me to restore the orriginal firmware and remove rockbox
> completely, just to test that my problems i'm having with the remote
> aren't
> related to rockbox, so I suppose i'd better do it to keep them happy.
> Anyway I have a question related to orriginal iriver firmware, The player
> that I have is an american player so does it make a difference if I put
> american or European firmware on the player? I mean european firmware
> couldn't brick my player for example could it? and also what are the
> differences between the american and european firmware?
> Thanks for your help.
> Alex.
>
> Hi Alex,

Simply flash an unpatched iriver firmware to the player, and delete the
.rockbox folder
(or back it up, if you wish!). This will remove Rockbox from your player.

I would suggest sticking to a U.S. firmware if your H140 is a U.S. model;
here's the latest
unpatched firmware (v1.66U) for your device:

http://www.iriver.com/html/admin/etc/adet_download_process_1.asp?fileName=H120(us)_V166.zip&pathFlag=EG_DOWNLOAD_UP_PATH

And no, using foreign firmwares on your iriver won't damage it; the H300
series requires a foreign firmware to use the Rockbox
bootloader.

--Rob
(Rockbox user since 12/28/06; too many PortalPlayer targets!)
--
Nobody's ever lost in life...they're merely taking the scenic route.